MASSIVE update
haven't posted anything in a long time, so here's the quick and dirty version of what's been going on in my life:
**As the quarter came to an end, I was slightly disappointed to find that my 203 project didn't work. DB tells me that I shouldn't be so hard on myself considering it had 41 parts, but still... I clocked over 120 shop hours for the final version alone, so I must have spent 300 hours or so over the entire quarter. That's not even counting my massive movie marathon with HZ to sand and finish or all the time I spent on SolidWorks or dimensioning or prototyping. It was a good quarter, but I'm beat.
**I frantically packed all my stuff in boxes on Saturday morning, but I think I'm going to get charged a late moving out fee for dropping my key off 10 minutes late. I didn't get to say goodbye to as many people as I would have liked to, but on the other hand, the whole "see you in a few months" is a bit awkward. For some, I won't even see them until next September, which is even more surreal. Luckily, it seems that the people leaving spring quarter have a 2-3 week spring break, so at least I'll get to see CPW and HA again.
**Completely missed the "Young Alumnae Holiday Reunion" due to a scheduling mixup. There were a lot of people there that I haven't seen in so long--and probably won't see for a while either. On the plus side, I also missed the interrogation of my love life, for which I am very grateful. Don't get me wrong, I like MAQ, but I haven't seen or heard from her in a year plus, and it's still a little too soon after the fallout to be talking with her about this.
**Made it to our "intimate" class reunion, i.e. few people showed up. It was really good to spend some time with the girls again. I was shocked to find that some 3-year-old named Gleeshel (sp?) now has little Chairman Mao. FC! How could you?!! To be fair, it was JNC's mother that gave away Mao... *sigh* another chapter of our lives closed. We had some good times (and emails) though... At some point we should figure out the total death count.
**Went to SoCal for the weekend to celebrate my grandfather's 90th birthday and Christmas. It was a little odd to be experiencing 75 degree weather in winter, but a fun weekend nevertheless. I got to meet my relatives on my mom's side, and, wow, is her family tree complicated! The Burmese really know how to reproduce...
I heard that Australia in January will be hot, humid, and filled with mosquitoes and jellyfish. Any recommendations for places to go??
1 Comments:
go to sydney! in australia, that is (duh).
wow. i had totally forgotten about all of the maaaany fish emails senior year. thanks for reminding me that i need to chat more extensively with miss cook about the chairman...i think she needs to get an update on his status...
it was lovely to see you last night and i can't wait to hear all about your travels! much love :-)
~syd
Post a Comment
<< Home