Thursday, November 17, 2005

if you knew what they were saying...

It's pretty amusing to think about what people must be saying about me... Am I that arrogant? Well, I don't think so, but I look at what I say about other people and presume that the same talk is flying around about me.

There's this guy that everyone idolizes...and like most idols, none of us really know him that well. There's been heavy speculation about his love life. Why? Because we have nothing better to do, because we're curious by nature, and because everyone (guys included) seems to practically be in love with him. But all of our speculations have turned out to be way off base--current interests are actually past flames, random girls seem to be girlfriends though he's supposedly single... It's hilarity at its best.

There's a lesson here somewhere--don't judge other people, don't meddle in their business, don't assume--but when you think about it, everyone does it. It's habit; it's nature; it's about observing and simplifying the world around us, and it's not going to stop easily. But if everyone reads into every minute detail that you do, there's no escaping from the talk and the judging. So the only way to run from the gossip that follows us around is to become a hermit? But people are still talking about how now you're living in a cave by yourself...

Just some random thoughts that popped up while taking a midterm.

And to address MHS's comments, I firmly believe in the Spiderman quote: "With great power comes great responsibility." I know that I am where I am today because of luck and random chance, and I know that someone else didn't get so lucky... If it's in my ability to choose between acting in a positive or negative manner, I'd like to think that I'd take the high road. Then again, intention is very different from action.

SARL- We get the entire week off for Thanksgiving, so I'll definitely be home. We should do our dinner reunion again! (Next Friday I promised AC I'd hang out with her, but any other day works for me.)

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, I love that you addressed me as "SARL" When I first read that I was like, "oh, those are my initials!....wait, she's talking to me!" haha. I'm so excited y'all have the whole week off, I had no idea! Sadly, no reunion dinner on Friday because people are abroad or out of the area or doing other things, but I'd love to see you!! We'll figure out something :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home