the court(---) report, part 12
Sent: July 20, 2005 @ 3:32 a.m.
Since AHL has been getting another court report, hopefully the
subject line will clear things up... Yes, I've been getting lazier with my
updates as I have now been home a grand total of 4 days. China and Japan
was a blast with so many interesting sights and stories. To briefly recap,
we hit:
-Tokyo (to help my sis move)
-Beijing (Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall,
Lama Temple, Tiananmen Square)
-Xian (terra cotta warriors, Great Mosque)
-Dunhuang (camel ride along the silk road, Mogao Grotto, Crescent Lake)
-Shanghai (dinner with the relatives)
-Tokyo (to pick up my sister's friends from the airport)
-Mt. Fuji (7 hours of climbing)
-Nagoya (World Expo)
-Tottori (sand dune-> yes, singular)
-Kyoto (green tea parfaits, temples, Gion Festival)
In Beijing I got to have dinner with the lovely KVL as well as
several other high school friends. KVL tells me she plans on doing
some safari trip in which people climb into cages to feed the wild tigers
outside in the jungle (or something crazy like that).
I had a wonderful 20th birthday in Shanghai, thanks so much to everyone for
your amusing birthday emails. It was by far a much better birthday than
the one I spent last year alone in a motel room in Willows... I got to
have dinner with my crazy relatives, most who didn't speak a word of
english. My grand-uncle tried to make a toast to my dad's birthday, which
he claimed was on July 6th (it's on the 23rd). And I got to fully realize
what wacky genes I have...
Hope everyone is doing well, and maybe I'll describe more in future updates!
Courtney
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home