be kind...
... for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. -Plato
I don't think I fully realized the impact of that quote until this weekend when I volunteered at Homecoming Reunion for all the old fogey graduates. In the Alumni Center they have a "What have you done since graduation?" display, and surprisingly, I recognized a few of the names: Senator Feinstein, Mrs. W---- (the wife of a former water polo coach), and Mrs. Q---- (the mother of CMQ, a girl in my freshman dorm).
I guess I never knew CMQ that well, but I discovered that her brother died from pneumonia when she was fifteen. He had health troubles for most of his life, but I can't even begin to imagine what a devastating blow that must have been. There's just so much that we never know about the people around us, and I realized that no matter how I judge people (HZ, insert your favorite number here), there's still a lot that can be learned from them.
On the subject of discoveries--though far less profound-- the mooncake I'm eating has a double yolk in it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home