203 and the search for styrene
As of today, the magnifying glass is not one of my top worries for 203. Before completion, here is my tally of destruction:
-1 lug
-1 handle
-2 rings
-1 endmill
-1 threading tool
-1 tool post
The TAs are probably not very happy with me so far...
In other news, the search for styrene is still unfinished. I'm unclear as to why hobby shops actually carry the stuff--the thickest sheet is less than one-sixteenth of an inch. One guy asked me if I was planning on carving mountains out of it. Let's think about this one. Carving mountains out of flexible plastic sheets that are less than one-sixteenth of an inch thick? Yeah... I asked him what other people use it for, and he said, "I don't know, line boxes or something?" Right. I told this to WB, who is just as confused as I am about hobby shops and styrene, and he said, "Maybe the guy rarely hears female voices over the phone and asking you about carving mountains is his thing."
Oh, it is good to be a girl.
1 Comments:
i have but one thing to say:
"chaos, panic, pandemonium--my work here is done."
Post a Comment
<< Home